Electric Chronograph by Knoblich of Altona. 1865.
In 1865, T.R. Robinson purchased and presented to the
Observatory this electric chronograph for registering
transits proving of great value in increasing the
accuracy of the work. The clock movement was altered
by Grubb in 1868. As a specimen of the work, Robinson
published in 1879 the "Places of One Thousand Stars
observed at the Armagh Observatory" (see Trans. Roy.
Dublin Soc., Ser.2, 1, 101, 1879).
Last Revised: 2009 November 18th